Volume Risk Pricing Analyst - Renewable Energy
A leading renewable energy business in London has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced energy risk/pricing analyst to assist with the development of my client?s volume risk pricing methodologies.
A diverse role that would see you involved in volume risk management strategy development, analysis of wholesale energy and renewables contract positions and the creation and ongoing improvement of a new pricing methodology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Primarily focused on the creation and ongoing improvement of the pricing methodology of volume risk in wholesale energy and renewables contract positions.
- Development of new pricing methodologies from theoretical to implementation.
- Integration of pricing model for generation and ongoing maintenance.
- Support to the wider pricing group with regards to modelling improvements and best practise.
- To provide operational pricing cover around Volume Risk support the wider Pricing team on occasion.
- Ad hoc support to the senior management team and any other ad hoc projects and analysis as necessary from time to time.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Strong academic background with a degree in a relevant field (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Energy).
- Experience in an energy commodity pricing environment (e.g. a quantitative analytical role, volume risk optimisation role).
- Experience of valuation of power and gas portfolios, pricing theory and hedging methodologies is essential.
- Advanced technical skills; knowledge and experience of working with technologies such as Excel, Python, VBA.
- Articulate communication skills; an ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of stakeholders.
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916109