Finance Manager - Credit Risk
My client, a well-known telecommunications company based in Hatfield, is currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join them on a 6 month contract. You should be immediately available or on a maximum of 1 weeks' notice.
This is a great opportunity to be part of our client's Credit Risk & Fraud Department, supporting and protecting the growth of the Consumer segment with a focus on analysis and accurate forecasting of bad debt.
Drive and influence the credit risk strategy to optimise profitability and support longer term strategic goals for the Consumer segment. Deliver a programme to upgrade the forecasting process for bad debt across a diverse product portfolio by analysing the acquisition and churn relationships. Working closely with other parts of Credit Risk & Fraud teams to deliver best in class credit risk policies and strategies to drive improvements in market share, revenue, aged debt, bad debt and involuntary churn.
To be a voice of Credit Risk in respect to Consumer product and services, dealing with senior stakeholders from different functions across the Group.
- Accountable for driving ongoing improvements to Consumer bad debt forecasting and reporting, through rigorous analysis and engagement with Credit Risk & Fraud, Group Finance and Consumer stakeholders
- Identify the drivers of actual bad debt performance and trends by working closely with key stakeholders in Credit Risk & Fraud and Consumer
- Review of bad debt processes, provision rates and calculations to increase accuracy of bad debt management and reduce risk. Documentation of provisions, processes and policies
- Develop Reporting pack on Bad Debt Provisions. Present and agree revised reporting with stakeholders, automate and work with offshore resource to implement
- Review of Debt reporting and Management Information. Recommend, and agree the implementation and delivery of MI changes needed to improve accuracy of bad debt reporting and provisions. Document assumptions
- Lead on review and standardisation of working files and month-end journals, ensuring Sarbox controls in place
- Understand impact of IFRS15/IFRS9 implementation and lead on any changes required to processes/policies
- Feed in analysis and insight into the monthly reporting of actuals to the CFO
- Ability to work independently and accurately, using initiative to prioritise and direct analysis
- Represent Credit Risk in key commercial and governance meetings, providing the insight which helps drive commercial decisions and credit risk policy within Consumer
- Establish and maintain key relationships across the Group including senior management, peers in Credit Risk & Fraud and Consumer Finance.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant, with degree or equivalent
- Must have experience in the Telecommunications domain
- Excellent management and leadership skills in a highly pressurised environment
- Experience of managing projects
- Ideally have experience of high volume consumer credit risk environment (policies/strategies/systems/processes)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Oracle experience and strong Excel systems skills
- Evidence of influencing senior stakeholders and informing senior management and leadership decisions
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921766