VBnet developer - Newcastle or Edinburgh
VB.net developer – Newcastle or Edinburgh £45000 plus bens and profit share
We need to find a VB.net Developer to work for a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists.
The role involves automating some of the repetitive processes undertaken by the engineers, and transferring them to a digital environment. If you are a digitally minded graduate who is keen on a highly autonomous role then you should apply now.
Based in Newcastle or Edinburgh the VB.net Developer will be working closely with project teams across the UK region, and as part of a virtual team with colleagues around the world
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working directly with end-users.
- Taking charge of, and defining the solution and then delivering tools to automate tasks for those users
- applying technologies such as .Net in a number of scenarios (desktop, web, cloud) and tools such as Microsoft Excel
- identifying recurrent problems and see opportunities for delivering a generic solution.
To be successful, you will need to be comfortable with:
- A high level of autonomy
- Managing your day to day workload, and priorities.
- Promoting the work you do across the office and across the region, in order to uncover more challenges and opportunities to tackle.However, you won’t be alone. You will be working as part of a remote team of developers, and co-located with your end-users
Essentials about you:
- Experience with developing addins hosted within another application and/or experience with developing Windows desktop applications.
- Experience with Cloud Hosting and Deployment
- Experience with Web Application and Server Architectures
- Experience using SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) and/or NoSQL (HBase, Redis, MongoDB) data stores
- Experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, BASH, PowerShell, PHP)
- Experienced with source code control (git, svn)
This is an excellent opportunity to work with an outstanding global firm who offer training, nurturing and career progression. Be good to yourself and apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921103