Assistant Civil Engineer - Waste Water
Consulting at Amey offers a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. We are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK.
Amey has secured a considerable volume of new Waste Water Infrastructure work through our Design and Build Framework for AMP6 with Severn Trent Water, other UK Water Companies and drainage work in multiple sectors. We are recruiting to bolster the existing team.
What is the purpose of this role?
Provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and the delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
What makes this role unique?
- You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer
- Opportunity to work on clean and waste water projects within UK frameworks (Water Companies) other UK sectors and international projects
What will this role involve?
- Delivering waste water and drainage infrastructure projects within a framework contract and to customers outside the framework
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards;
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence;
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors;
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures;
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations;
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents;
- Engage in client and third party liaison;
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts, when required;
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment;
- Undertake the performance appraisals for all reporting staff and support learning and development opportunities
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Acting as a designer on small projects. Responsible for planning and managing the delivery of the design element of the project, including resource time, cost and quality.
- Able to take on significant elements of the design either working on their own initiative, with minimal supervision or by taking a lead role working within multi-discipline project teams. Able to obtain and analyse information, and report on findings.
- Production of engineering drawings and reports. Site surveys. Use of engineering related packages such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access). Any hydraulic modelling experience would be advantageous (but not essential)
What are we looking for?
- Interpersonal and team working skills are a must, as is a flexible approach and a willingness to learn.
- Must have demonstrable ability to operate at the level defined.
- Minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience in the stated discipline, at least 1 of which must have been in the water industry or working on drainage projects (Highways, Rail or Developments).
- Must be conscientious and dedicated to making a success of the business. Able to interface with clients and present a professional image of Amey.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Client focused approach to service delivery
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915636