Software Engineer UI
You will need a good degree (or equivalent level of experience) in a computer science discipline, with a significant body of experience in UI related work, preferably gained whilst working in a marine environment. You will be integral to the successful growth and development of the company and your role will include:
- Implementation of a variety of UI enhancements and upgrades to the USV control system that is used to control and monitor the operation of USVs
- Software development in C, C++ in a Linux based environment
- Design and specification of software systems
- System integration, testing, and commissioning in factory and at sea
- Hardware/software interfacing on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and micro controllers
- Documentation including software user manuals
- Working closely with the design and development teams in both the US and UK
- Working with sales and marketing to estimate resources and timescales for development
- Computer science theory and practice, either through a suitable degree or sufficient experience.
- Proficient in C, C++ programming in a Linux environment.
- Strong GUI development experience.
- Object oriented design principles.
- Software debuggers and other development tools.
- Systems integration techniques.
- Well presented, motivated, and practical.
- Able to work flexible hours, travel, and willing to go to sea when required.
- Tools: Jira/Confluence/Reviewboard and Mercurial.
- Agile Software development methodologies.
- Control systems.
- Autonomous perception, planning, and decision making.
- Software design patterns.
- PLC programming and DC electrical systems.
- Network architecture and configuration.
- Windows software development.
Experience of the marine environment, either through business or leisure activities, would be highly advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909276