Windows Systems Engineer
Windows Systems Engineer
Leading technology organisation is seeking an experiened Windows Systems Engineer with experience in working in a critical enterprise scale production environment.
The Windows team's primary objective is to ensure Windows infrastructure (around 500 servers) is running smoothly, is current and secure. Using automation where they can, you will be responsible for maintaining the existing infrastructure, investigating and implementing new technology; implementing new services and fully manage existing platforms to agreed business service levels.
As part of a small expert team to ensure that technical operations personnel are appropriately trained and skilled through knowledge transfer to provide 24x7x365 first line support.
- Design, engineering, implementing and administering of the Windows infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and printing
- Providing 3rd line support to operations teams
- Supporting production systems as required outside of standard working hours and participate in 24x7 on-call rota
- Actively contributing to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems
- Identifying and addressing automation opportunities with Powershell and 3rd party tools
- Leading or working as part of ad-hoc teams to resolve problems and implement projects
- Create and maintain high-quality Runbook documentation
- A degree in Computer Science or similar numerate/STEM subject (or equivalent)
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Windows server environments including design work
- Expertise of scripting and automation with Powershell
- Experience in administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, domain security
- Exposure to Public / Private Cloud services
- Understanding general email infrastructure
- Experience of supporting 24x7 enterprise-grade operations in an environment of at least 5000 users.
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies such as VMware ESX and Openstack
- Migration to Windows Server 2016
- Experience in Windows deployment and configuration systems
- Knowledge of Windows SQL server
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and thin client technologies
- Professional certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Good experience of ITIL processes in a Blue Chip environment
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915641