Interim Category Specialist - Upstream Projects
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Oil&Gas Supermajor, who are seeking an experienced procurement professional to join their existing upstream organisation. You will be responsible for a number of key sourcing initiatives across their third-party spend for upstream projects & modifications categories.
This Category Specialist will be accountable for all Eastern Hemisphere third-party spend for the Projects & Modifications category.
The role will deliver business value, ensure compliance, and reduce operational risk through efficient and effective delivery in line with demand plans. Other key accountabilities include development of the category management plans, a global category strategy, sourcing and post-award supplier Management.
- Deliver value through effective and efficient support of regional sourcing activity; using the provisions of Category Management Common Process (CMcp) within boundaries of relevant laws and regulations, approved budgets and, where applicable, Joint Venture partner and NOC agreements.
- Drive the development of contracts / procurement plans, with demand data for assigned sub-categories. Work with Regional procurement and Line representatives to align contracts/procurement with most current business plans.
- Conduct relevant due diligence processes and secure required internal and external approvals necessary to comply with JV partners, Production Sharing Contracts/Agreements requirements related to company managed procurement activities.
- Execute sourcing activities typically including - development of bid packages, supporting bid proposal evaluation, providing analysis of results, and compiling recommendations to award to secure relevant internal and external approvals.
- Conduct/support contract negotiations ensuring company standard contract terms and conditions are used to the maximum extent possible. All deviations from the standard will be properly reviewed and approved in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Support regional post-award contract management and administration. This may involve resolution of queries, supporting timely supplier invoice approvals, processing and tracking supplier change requests, monitoring contract expiration dates and ensuring extensions or renewals are executed to support continuing service delivery to the business.
- Lead global supplier performance management activities & supplier relationship management activities, such as KPI performance tracking, collaborating and supporting account managers and other activities intended to drive better supplier performance.
- Plan and execute compliance activities including audit resolution as applicable.
- Proven track record working for global oil&gas operators.
- Strong experience in upstream procurement & sourcing for major, reputable projects.
- Broad sub-category knowledge across various areas - in particular modification-based commodities.
- Ability to run end-to-end tenders for multi-million £ value requirements, engaging with major O&G sub-contractors.
- Ideally you will have a track record across the Eastern hemisphere and/or Africa.
- Ability to navigate a complex network of stakeholders, both internal and external and based internationally.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915767