Income Recovery Officer
Income Recovery Officer
Oxford - Oxford County Council
Temporary - immediate start until mid-March 2018
Full time - 37.5 hours, Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Fridays 8.30am-4.30pm
£15.15 per hour
About the job:
In this role you will collect and recover income due for Oxford City Council services. You will work as part of a team providing a comprehensive income collection service to all customers in line with Council policies and procedures, specializing in temporary accommodation and rent arrears.
- To pro-actively manage customer account cases in compliance with the organisation's policy and procedures whilst maintaining best practice in customer care.
- Attend and act as a representative of Oxford City Council at the County and Magistrates Court, leading on legal proceedings for the collection of debts outstanding to the Council.
- Liaise with the staff responsible for service delivery, and any other Agencies or Council Departments, which have involvement with the customer, ensuring that all aspects of a customer's circumstances are taken into consideration in the management of accounts in order to provide an effective and equitable service.
- Act as the main point of contact between the service, the legal team and customer on all issues relating to income collection and recovery when pursuing customer debts.
- Provide detailed welfare and financial advice to customers, and signpost them to sources of professional advice wherever appropriate.
- Engage with customers to identify and negotiate effective solutions according to individual circumstances.
- Understand welfare benefits and have the ability to translate these to customers, providing clear explanations.
- Carry out visits to customers and assess financial situations that have large or more than one debt to Oxford City Council in line with its Corporate Debt Policy.
- To monitor service area delivery and support continuous service improvement, challenging existing practice and actively seeking ways of achieving Greater Outcomes and Leaner Delivery (GOLD).
- To act as ambassador for the service area both internally and externally representing the service area priorities and organisation initiatives as appropriate.
- To demonstrate and promote ethical behaviour appropriate to that which would be expected by our customers.
- To participate in the adoption and promotion of the Council equalities and carbon management initiative.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults in every aspect of your work.
- Demonstrable experience in successful income collection, including experience of working with financial data and debt recovery.
- Experience of working without supervision and managing own workload.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working with customers to influence and negotiate effective solutions to problems.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office products in particular Excel and Word.
- Preferably have a full valid UK driving licence (or European equivalent).
- Strong organisational skills to manage diverse workloads and constant conflicting demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills both oral and written with the ability to represent Oxford City Council as an advocate in court and other meetings with third parties.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921229