Data Architect (Edinburgh)
Data Architect (Edinburgh), RDBMS, ETL, BI, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse, DBA, Database Administration, Database Design, Data Architecture, Central Government, Census, Data Science, Data Scientist, Sparx, Data Vault Modelling, Just Enough Architecture,
Deliver the target data architecture for the census programme and develop the enterprise wide data model in line with the business requirements
You will be working as part of the Census Architecture team with full responsibility for the data architecture domain.
Work as a member of the team and perform tasks and duties as required within the function and across the programme.Deliver programme wide data architecture policies, standards and design patterns.Develop the target data architecture for the programme delivering an enterprise wide data model.Assure that products / systems / services delivered and operated are compliant with these policies, standards and patterns.Take responsibility for producing the data architecture for specific products / systems / services and working with a variety of suppliers and business leads to ensure that these meet the business requirements
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience designing and implementing RDBMS technologies
- Strong knowledge of ETL and data integration techniques
- Experience with data modelling and BI tools
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience in database design and data architecture experience Extensive knowledge of data warehouse, data architecture and best practices
- Solid experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems. It is expected that the above will be part of the specialist toolkit the worker will bring to the post.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including senior officials, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to mentor less experienced technical colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of government information security standards
- Experience working in a "just enough architecture" environment.
- Certifications for database administration and/or TOGAF
- Experience working with API's
- Experience in the management of ICT staff including technical specialists, external contracts and consultants
- Demonstrable experience in working with teams and/or suppliers using diverse delivery models such as agile and waterfall in all phases of service development through to business as usua
- Use of case tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of Data vault modelling and implementation
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910195