Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager you’ll promote the Company’s hire business, including our full range of products and services to prospective customers in the Central Manchester area. This role is target driven and the key focus is on order winning activity.
If you have a proven track record in winning new business and developing customer relationships this role could be for you.
Portakabin Group is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,600 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £224m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Business to business sales experience (face to face)
- Experience of carrying out a business development campaign/cold calling with particular exposure to local targeted campaigns
- IT Literate
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable but not essential:
- Technical sales experience
- Experience in Managing Others
- Knowledge of SAP system
- Educated to A-Level standard
- 5 GCSE’s Grades A-C, including Maths and English or equivalent
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Generate orders by attending Customer sites.
- Achieve hire orders and other KPI targets.
- Prepare quotations and drawings against customer requirements.
- Define the requirements of the order and ensure quality information is passed to the Service and/or Projects team, to enable the order to be processed including ensuring a design freeze meeting takes place for all complex projects.
- Carry out structured business development, generating fresh initiatives to heighten local awareness and maximise conversion of direct enquiries.
- Ensure customer contact is made once product is on hire to ensure maximum satisfaction, continuity of business and maximise referral opportunities.
- Maximise added value for every opportunity through promoting the full range of Building Services options.
- Effectively use internal systems (e.g SAP and Goldmine) to ensure customer information is kept up to date.
- Carry out termination visits then handover details to Service Manager to co-ordinate termination.
- Support the development of the Hire Co-ordinator, as part of the Hire team in order to ensure they play a pivotal role towards the achievement of the Hire Centre objectives and KPIs, giving advice and support where appropriate.
- Foster and develop sound customer relationships through effective communication to provide excellent levels of service.
- Promote an environment of effective teamwork and communication within and between regions, head office departments and Building Services functions.
The salary for this position is in the range of £26,000 – £32,000 dependent on skills and experience, plus discretionary commission scheme for on target performance.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.