Development Engineer - Aerospace Ground Support Equipment
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Development Engineer (Ground Support Equipment) to work in the Product Support Group under the GSE Manager. The Development Engineer (GSE) will conduct engineering research, analysis and design activities for company GSE products involving mechanical, electrical, electronic, systems integration, hardware, and firmware/software engineering. They will work within a GSE Lifecycle Management framework to analyse and evaluate technical data, products and systems in the development or sustainment of GSE and will perform engineering studies to evaluate product and/or system design options. They will require a good understanding of GSE principles and CMS equipment and experience in the execution of projects will also be necessary.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Development Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineering HNC with relevant apprenticeship or degree in relevant Engineering degree
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc)
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc)
- Experience of performing environmental and functional testing
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
As a Development Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Day to day execution of GSE requirements for equipment in development and in-service.
- Implementation of Compliance requirements, specifications, verification and configuration requirements for all GSE.
- Requirements definition and other interactions with design teams and project staff.
- Planning and implementation of performance demonstrations and trials.
- Liaison with design teams and customer representatives.
- Ground Support and Test Equipment detail, Packaging, Handling, HAZMAT identification, Parts/Spares detailing.
- Maintenance reports and repair costs calculation
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919530