Studio Engineer - Catia V5
Order Number: 34532
Position: Studio Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Location: Gaydon, Warwick
Duration: Initially 4-5 Months
Hourly Rate: Up to £34.17 Umbrella/Limited Company or £26.56 PAYE
Our Client, an automotive OEM, is currently looking to recruit an experienced Studio Engineer to work for them on a contract basis at their site in the West Midlands.
The Body Engineering team is one of the most experienced of its type in the UK, and has the knowledge and talent to hold its own against the best body engineers anywhere in the world.
From iconic body styling to interior detail, from doors and windows to whole cabin systems, everything about our vehicles has to be perfect. It is what customers expect from a luxury brand. It's what this team makes happen. Join them and you will help us to stay at the forefront of vehicle innovation and research, and to build on our position as a highly competitive brand in a highly competitive marketplace.
The Body Concept and Design Integration Team is a recently formed team within the Body Engineering Department. It is responsible for the Body Engineering deliverables for all programmes in the formative stages; from Kick-Off gateway in Client vehicle Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) till the establishment of full Body Engineering module teams at Programme Start gateway.
This role works directly with the Design feasibility Teams and Client World Class Component Engineers to develop the clay feasibility models for Programme start.
Your role in the concept stages will be to use Catia V5 and V6 to create alternative schemes using AVA from basic surface data to allow multiple options to be assessed.
You will create the geometry in CAD but will be required to use the most suitable method to produce realistic renderings/ models of all the proposals to enable the Team to make decisions on realistic data.
You will not only be required to produce schemes proposed by the Team but also to create alternatives yourself. You will need to gather the Engineering requirements from the relevant Teams and then work them into the proposals to ensure a good level of feasibility.
3 KEY SKILLS
1. Catia v5 is a minimum requirement (V6 also a benefit and AVA methods)
2. Be expert at using a variety of media: - Photoshop and Illustrator, Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Be able to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy
• You need a passion for detail and Perceived Quality.
• Broad automotive product engineering background (previous CAD experience is essential) and previous experience of creating life like images/ CAD models.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and a 'passion for the product' are a must.
• This role allows you to have a direct input into our next generation of vehicles.
• Should hold a valid UK driving license and meet the medical requirements of the facilities.
• Ideally within the automotive sector or adjacent industries, e.g. rail, aerospace, defence, energy etc.
• Have experience in working in a conceptual technical environment or Design studio.
• AVA knowledge or potential for AVA Tce
• Catia v5 is a minimum requirement (V6 also a benefit and AVA methods).
• Be expert at using a variety of media: - photoshop and Illustrator, Excel and PowerPoint. 3
• Have a high level of graphic design ability
• Be highly creative, detail oriented, believe in consistently delivering high quality designs, and exceeding expectations
• Be proactive, communicative and fast acting
• Be automotive product aware
• Be able to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy
• Be capable of working well with a multi-disciplinary team
• Engineering knowledge of Body systems, design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements
• Excellent communications skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ideally degree educated
In your role you will;
• Be a strong leader able to enthuse others to work in a collaborative way using systems engineering and value engineering principles
• Have a passion for engineering and Design: the teams offering is being re-balanced to increase the technical input supporting the business considerations and therefore the optimal level of engineering analysis and geometry development needs to be considered
• Have the ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity typical in early programme phases and take ownership to provide necessary options, solutions and structure to move forward
ALL APPLICATINS MUST HAVE A CURRENT VALID WORK PERMIT TO WORK IN THE UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919950