Keid Consulting are currently assisting our highly reputable client who are leaders in plastics ancillary equipment & services in their search for a Lead Engineer.
This is a key role within the business and will require a career driven individual who wants to succeed in a forward thinking business.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experiences:
Detailed understanding of electrical controls inc good understanding of PLC/Automation
Knowledge of pneumatics
Methodical approach and strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to multi task under pressure.
General desire to improve own skills.
Strong communication and inter-personnel skills - the ability to communicate technical information (Inc. to people who are not familiar with engineering terms).
Customer focused communication, coordination and service.
Self-sufficient and forward thinking.
Technical report writing (structured clear communication of problems, solutions and improvements)
An advantage to succeed would be experience and knowledge of:
Pneumatic conveying and mechanical handling systems experience.
Plastics Industry background/Materials handling
Project management/MS project
MS Dynamics CRM
If you are successful in your application your work will entail installation, commissioning, breakdowns, periodic maintenance and repairs of various products and automation equipment at customer .
Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
The lead engineer will be very hands on and coordinating the installation from the initial site survey through to training and commissioning as well as covering a 1 week in 5 rotations for our 24/7 support service.
As a small family type business my client are looking for extremely dedicated team players who strive for improvement and want to contribute to the success of our business.
Individuals who are enthusiastic, energetic and proactive in finding solutions to problems even beyond what?s in front of them will be well suited to this role and our future vison.
- Assist sales and technical teams with site survey before an order to understand and contribute to a given project.
- Communicate BOM, any access hire and services following site survey to other depts.
- Liaise with suppliers, purchasing and customer regarding delivery/installation start dates
- Generate dynamic RAMs on site.
- Lead and coordinate on-site installation as main point of contact for all parties
- Install equipment, commission and train customer to high standards.
- Write detailed reports to communicate site or supplier issues and potential improvements.
- Attend Breakdown situations ? Diagnose faults and rectify, working alone or under minimal supervision.
- Conduct routine maintenance and write detailed corrective action reports including itemised part numbers
- Maintain strong customer relationships for regional sites Inc. curtesy visits with or without sales engineers
- Reporting ? Weekly & Daily on all work carried out.
- On-Call ? Weekly rotation of out-of-hours 24/7 service support.
- Working away from home.
- Extensive travel, 30-40k miles per year.
- Overseas travel for training.
If you feel you match the above criteria and want to make a difference at a progressive forward thinking business then please get in touch today
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912584