Senior Analyst Programmer (BI)
Job Title - Senior Analyst Programmer
Reports To Project Manager/Business Systems Manager
As part of the IT Customer Team, the main purpose of the role is to work closely with IT and Business colleagues to analyse requirements, design; develop; deliver and support solutions which meet our organisational requirements.
- Have proven relevant analysis, design, specification, programming, testing and delivery skills
- Proficient in the application of Testing Tools and Techniques
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and can engage effectively across the organisation and its partners
- Have a good appreciation of differing Software Development Lifecycles and associated development and testing tools techniques and methods
- Have a flexible and proactive approach to change, supportive of innovation and accepting change positively
- Have technical skills and systems knowledge to enable the effective diagnosis and resolution of service issues and incidents
- Relevant technology experience - CICS COBOL is essential and SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS are highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, able to assimilate and report upon complex information
- Are structured and disciplined in your approach able to manage activities within an agreed schedule
Purpose: To analyse requirements, interpret, design, document, code and test programs to deliver required business changes, and additionally, as required, provide support and maintenance of existing systems to agreed service levels.
- Contribute to the initial scoping, investigation and estimating of project concepts and ideas.
- Support the planning and scheduling of all elements and activities to ensure successful project implementation.
- Engage in analysis, design, build, testing, implementation of IS solutions to achieve specified business requirements as project components or enhancements.
- Be proactive in the avoidance of problems and effective in responding when problems do occur (including out of hours' support) maintaining an appropriate level of service for all production systems
- Review and monitor implemented systems to ensure the original requirements are achieved and the system meets acceptable levels of reliability, integrity and performance.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant business applications enabling effective support of users and staff in the resolution of queries, troubleshooting of problems and the recommendation of possible system improvements
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues to enhance their skills and capabilities, ensuring the use of departmental standards and best practice.
- Maintain a good awareness of trends across IT.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of standards and guidelines. Ensure analysis, design, and testing activities fall within guidelines and standards.
- Proactive contribution to improving the effectiveness of IT, promoting good practice across the department.
- Provide accurate and timely information on own work schedule and those for whom the SAP has responsibility.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by acts and omissions at work.
- To be committed to the fair treatment of customers at all times and be pro-active in ensuring the privacy of all information relating to data subjects.
- Reports to Project Manager or Business Systems Manager; Works closely with other departments. Provides service to a wide range of people/stakeholders in project delivery and support capacity.
Key Performance Indicators
- Successful completion of Project activities within agreed schedule cost and quality standards
- Management of IT Services within acceptable Service Levels, i.e. Problem Resolution, Incident Management, Out of hours' support.
- Positive feedback from all key stakeholders (Internal & External)
- Delivery of Project Initiatives/components within current standards and guidelines.
Skills & Experience
Proven analysis, design, specification, programming, testing and delivery skills applicable to the relevant Technology/Project area.4
Proficient in the application of Testing Tools and Techniques.
Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage effectively across the organisation and its partners.
- Proficient in the application of Testing Tools and Techniques.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage effectively across the organisation and its partners.
- Business knowledge
- Good awareness of FGH business operations and how these are supported by IT systems.
- Best Practice
- Good appreciation of differing Software Development Lifecycles and associated development and testing tools techniques and methods.
- Managing Change
- Flexible and proactive approach to change, supportive of innovation and accepting change positively.
- Problem Solving
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910155