Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary: Circa £18k Pro Rata
Contract: 6 months Fixed term contract, Full time, 37.5 hours
A leading manufacturer in medical devices based in Coventry is looking for an experienced Materials controller to join a busy operations team.
Materials Controller duties to include:
Support the Materials Manager and Engineering and Facilities Manager particularly with administrative duties including:
- Stock control maintenance
- Delivery note reconciliation and invoice checking
- Contacting suppliers regarding data requests from Quality, Regulatory, Environmental and Commercial teams
- Raising of purchase orders
- Document control
- Plant computers support
- Goods in scheduling
Support and act as deputy for the Materials Controller: carrying out Goods In, warehouse and despatch tasks including:
- Quality check of the products
- Booking materials
- Preparation of product for dispatch
- Receiving deliveries
- Moving materials in production
- Maintenance of stock records
- Production metrics: collection of data, analysis and reporting of results.
- Support and act as deputy for Logistics Administrator
- Any other admin duties including: filing, photocopying etc.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in compliance with HSE requirements.
- Ensure activities are performed in accordance with approved company`sprocedures to ensure compliance to relevant medical device standards
Key skills / abilities:
- Strong Numeracy & Literacy skills
- Previous administrative experience including data entry
- Microsoft office experience, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in the medical device or similar industry is not necessary but would be beneficial
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Incapacity benefits
If you have the skills and experience we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge please email your CV to us with a relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we want to take forward to interview; if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Research Scientist, Research, R&D, Research & Development, Medical Devices, Stock Control, Stock Records, Manufacturing, Medical Device, Data Entry, Administration, Purchase Orders, Meeting Minutes, Data Analysis, Filing, Photocopying, HSE, Note Reconciliation,