Project Engineer - Pressings
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer with Pressings experience for our Engineering client in the West Midlands. The ideal candidate will have previous aluminium knowledge, a strong level of comfort with statistical data analysis and an awareness of quality tools
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the role will be lab-based and you will fulfil a key function within the team, developing processes with a particular focus on developing process parameters for high volume production lines.
- Lead and deliver industrialisation projects.
- Contribute to mapping out approaches for proving scalable solutions
- Develop fundamental understanding of the interaction of the material with the process to achieve desired properties, meet quality standard and optimise value add
- Develop standardised process characterisation procedures to aid process optimisation
- Advise on equipment choice and develop selection criteria for process engineers
- Create and document suitable equipment specifications ready for the introduction of new process lines.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Organised, structured and self-motivated
- Experience of safely and methodically planning and conducting laboratory tests
- Confident in statistical data analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team-working skills
- Strong technical reporting and presentation skills
- Experience of press forming of materials, ideally in aluminium and working with OEM customers preferably in the automotive or aerospace industry
- Project management experience
- Awareness of quality tools such as 6sigma and Design of Experiments
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911661