Job Title: Tooling Engineer - £36,000
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Industry: Automotive Presswork
Salary: £36,000 plus benefits
Commutable from: Birmingham, Solihull, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Warwick, West Midlands
(Keywords: Tooling Engineer, Automotive, presswork, welding)
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to recruit Tooling Engineers for our client who is an award winning manufacturer of pressed components and welded assemblies based in the Birmingham area.
We are working with a privately owned and well established manufacturer of pressed components and welded assemblies for the automotive industry.
Equipment is still being installed on this site and it is a great time to join the company.
The main purpose of the job is to support Projects with regards to Tooling.
The position is working day - 8am - 5pm Mon-Thu, 8am - 1pm on a Fri.
- Offer key support to Project Teams regarding the introduction of new or revised tooling. Responsible for ensuring that toolmakers proposed line-ups are refined to the optimum levels for the benefit of the business.
- Ensure that all toolmakers designs and quotations are representative of the latest issue of the company Tooling Manuals.
- Offer key support to the Project Teams regarding product design feasibility at both pre and post order reviews.
- Ensure that the most ideal toolmakers is sourced for new or revised models depending on technical level of the product.
- Formally report overall work status as and when required to the Project Manager.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the customer base ensuring that the key personnel associated with the project are kept fully aware of progress and any key issues relating to the tooling.
- Ensure that all new or revised tool trials, either at toolmakers or homeline are witnessed and relevant reports issued. Recommendations for hourly achievement improvements to be documented.
Ideally Apprentice served
MUST have relevant Tooling Engineer experience from a pressings background.
If you are looking to continue to build on your existing experience in a busy and progressive company, this could be the challenge you have been searching for!
Basic press tool design knowledge
Strong communication skills, as will be liaising with all departments
The successful applicant will be a self motivated, highly flexible team player.