A Qualification engineer is required to work for industry leader in composite materials and industrial fabrics.
The suitable candidate will have a technical background within engineering or a material science discipline along with the following experience -
- A hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with good attention to detail.
- To analyse test data - draw from conclusions and where necessary - propose next steps.
- The ability to write accurate and concise technical reports with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning.
- To have effective project management and communication skills and be able to work both independently and part of a team.
- To be able to review & interpret material specifications, qualification test plans and associated test methods and to highlight to management any inconsistencies or contradictions.
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical, chemical and mechanical test data - implementing and developing new test methods as required - and proposing & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes.
- Draft qualification test plans, as required with line management support.
- To generate - with autonomy - detailed test plans and overall project plans.
- Investigate - with autonomy - the reasons behind unexpected specimen failures.
- Statistically analyse and accurately document test data and material performance conclusions in a technical report format with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning and management consensus.
- To undertake and champion ancillary tasks (including 5S, LEAN, continuous improvement, etc.) in support of the day-to-day running of the Qualification department.
- Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental (HSE) requirements - for self & others - & to maintain accurate records in support of compliance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914971