Business Intelligence Portfolio Manager
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company?s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Business Intelligence Portfolio Manager to join our team in London.
- The position holder will need to establish a process to identify management's intelligence needs and this includes gathering & analysing business needs, developing strategy & plans and implementing projects to support desired outcomes.
- The right candidate will be an agent for change in the organization, willing to challenge the way in which things are currently orchestrated
- The role will collaborate with many functions across the NTT Data Services business ? Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, and Supply Chain and requires the understanding of our business and the ability to build out BI capabilities.
- Initially to:
- Ensure the Operational Excellence of the existing BI capabilities and understand the current estate in detail and work with the new global BI centre of excellence. In parallel,
- Work with EU Finance to deliver automation of standardized reporting across EMEA and drive adoption, from that base, the candidate will also be expected to quickly lead the ?step up? of capability in the areas of self-service reporting, visualization-based insight & predictive analytics; following the creation of business cases and prioritization of the requirements.
- Create the strategy and technology roadmap for specific software systems/applications including the day to day management of various development teams both on and off-shore.
- Own the IT ownership of a core business software system/application, responsible for providing subject matter expertise (functional and non-functional)
- Liaise with Business stakeholders and IT partners to define suitable capacity plans for owned system/application based on current and future requirements
- Assist the Service Management and IT partners with critical incidents and ongoing problem resolution.
- Define overall release scheduling for a system/application to ensure business priorities are met whilst achieving most cost efficient and high-quality application of IT changes,
- Identify opportunities to optimise owned IT systems/applications to improve change efficiency, enable business capability and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Define Technology based career, ideally in a multi-national environment working in multi-disciplinary teams with designers and developers.
- Expert Experience of technical applications e.g., data/database concepts, mainframe application construction, model 204 database, in-depth knowledge of OLTP applications, web-based application construction, data warehousing, analytics and business intelligence.
- The role requires specialist technical and functional knowledge of critical Business/IT systems, combining this with strong management skills and appreciation of the e2e delivery lifecycle and will be commercially focused, working with the supplier to manage performance whilst delivering value in terms of time, cost and quality
Technical skills (relevant to the role):
- Expert expertise in mainframe technologies such as Model 204 databases, M204 data analytics, OLTP applications.
- Proven experience in resolving critical and complex technical problems also taking preventive measures
- Expertise in business intelligence and management reporting/analytics domains
- Experience of driving BI maturity in a FMCG/CPG environment is strongly desired
- Understanding the difference between reporting and analytics and how to progress from the former to the latter
- Understanding of the data and processes in at least one of the following areas: Revenue Management, Trade Funds, Financial Reporting, HR, Supply Chain
- Experience in understanding & applying a wide variety of analytical processes to improve decision making
- Experience with various product development techniques
- A solid understanding of key BI trends
- Expert experience in maintaining Microsoft project plans accurately addressing schedule and resource constraints for a very demanding time scales and complexities.
- Proven expertise in implementation of SLAs and maintaining them as per business demands and changes.
- Strong track record of delivering financial, banking domains programmes without schedule and budget slippages
- Must have previous experience in using Clarity, a project management tool at expert level
- General Business & Management Skills
- Extensive experience interacting & influencing C-levels executives, working in a multi-functional domain.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Proficiency in English where this is not a native language.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Diverse project management experience, including managing projects & project teams of different sizes and parallel working.
- Proven ability to complete projects & deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track/measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in MIS or equivalent IT field experience required.
- IT management experience in financial and banking domains supporting enterprise applications with a deep understanding of outsourcing
- An ability to work effectively in a global-matrix organization is essential
- Working knowledge of on-shore and off-shore application support management.
- Certified Scrum master and experience in Prince2 methodologies
- Ideally degree Qualified ? with a minimum of a BSc in Information Systems but ideally an MSc of Computer Science or similar.
This position offers a competitive salary, including an employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday the 7th February.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit ******************* to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the ?Company?) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919104