About our client:
Our client is the standard platform chosen by leading global stores to deliver mobile payments to everyone. As the next billion consumers adopt their first smartphone and look for universal payment methods, they will be there to unlock the world of apps, video, music, games and other content that brings those smartphones to life. Global stores plugging into their Platform include Amazon, Google, Samsung and Microsoft. Our client also partners with leading payment providers around the world to drive new users and revenues through its industry-leading mobile payment solutions.
Their Platform and Operations team are available 24 x 7 therefore some out of hours availability may be required.
About the Database Administrator:
Reporting to VP Platform Operations, you will be responsible for maintaining the availability and performance of current and future database technology employed across all their products.
You will work closely with the Platform Operations team and Development Architects to optimize, maintain and support the comprehensive databases required for a global organization and ensure that products are performant and optimized. You will also be a key stakeholder in any Database projects.
Requirements of the Database Administrator:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, including load and performance testing, replication, ETL and log shipping.
- Passionate about driving best practice for database administration, influencing colleagues within Platform Operations and other team members.
- Prior experience with provisioning SAN storage and data storage technology and distribution.
- Experience in performing maintenance, monitoring and optimization
- Good working knowledge of data security and protection.
- Ability to work to deadlines, understanding of processes and workflows both alone and within a team.
- Must possess good organizational, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to follow a systematic approach.
- Ability to make decisions without all the answers and thrive in an often-ambiguous fast-moving environment.
- Experience of different database technologies. (e.g. Postrgres and mySQL)
- Experience of cloud-based data solutions (e.g. Amazon RDS)
- Experience in Couchbase or other NoSQL technologies
Benefits of becoming the Database Administrator:
- 25 days' holiday (increasing to 28 with service)
- Generous share option scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
and more ?.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Database Administrator then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910722