Systems Engineer Defence, Security, MODAF, UML
Systems Engineer - Permanent - Southampton - Excellent Salary!
- Business and systems analysis
- Systems Verification and Validation
- Architecture Options Assessment
- Operational Analysis
- Understanding of architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, UML, Zachman etc.)
- Identification, mitigation planning and management of Engineering Risks
Our client currently has a number of opportunities to join the business as a Systems Engineer. In this role you will make significant contribution towards safeguarding the UK's national security and to people's lives, every day. You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in leading edge and innovative programmes where technology plays a crucial and increasingly strategic role. You will be part of engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
- Be shaping and building strategic system architecture roadmaps with senior stakeholders, corralling support and backing for them
- Applying and adapting your system design skills to switch focus between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, cloud computing, search, machine automation and analytics
- Understand & interpret business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models
- Produce system designs from concept through to high level design
- Engage relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks
- Seek to develop system solutions in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and support a systems on-going evolution
- Support the customer's investment decision making process in the context of implementing wider investment portfolio
- To qualify for the role, you must have the following domain knowledge, technical and general competencies
- Defence, National Security or Commercial domain knowledge
- Technical leadership and decision making authority
- Stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
- Passionate about delivering business value through innovative application of technology
- Ability to tackle problems and define solutions from a commercial perspective; Flexibility in approach and attitude
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to work ¡independently and under pressure, whilst prioritising the work effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- A demonstrable desire to seek out and exploit new technology in IT
- Ability to assimilate and retain knowledge quickly
- Able to influence and be a part of the key decision making process
- Ability to articulate and interpret technical language to non-technical individuals
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920975