Product Development Executive
Product Development Coordinator
Domino Jewellery is the UK’s leading fine jewellery supplier, having won ‘Supplier of the year’ at the UK Jewellery Awards in 2017. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the New Product Development team based in Birmingham.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the main objective of the role is to support the NPD design team in the creation and production of new designs.
• Overseeing the recording of all new products in the ‘Design Bible’ and ensuring that new product codes are designated correctly.
• Entering new item codes together with bill of materials, weight and sales price onto Navision.
• The New Product Development Coordinator will ensure all discontinued product is controlled and that requests for discontinued product are managed effectively.
• Ensuring all prices are uploaded to Navision, accurately and promptly in time for product launches.
• Entering standard costings for all new products correctly in Navision to facilitate accurate reporting by Finance.
• Managing the production of all in-house test samples to ensure their timely delivery.
• Liaising with Manufacturing and overseas partners to ensure that all rep sample ranges are produced on time.
• The New Product Development Coordinator will ensure reps samples are listed and logged on Navision to allow accurate stock control.
• Managing all stock movements in and out of the department, ensuring obsolete samples are regularly cleared out.
• The New Product Development Coordinator will prepare monthly stock reports to ensure stock levels do not exceed monthly budget.
• Operates in a systematic and methodical way
• Demonstrates excellent attention to detail
• Displays high levels of initiative and has an enthusiastic approach to challenging goals
• Effectively manages own time and maintains high levels of positivity and productivity during pressured periods
• Works effectively in a team and offers support to colleagues where possible
• Communicates in a fluent and effective way
Essential skills and experience:
• Sound understanding of Navision
• The New Product Development Coordinator will have good IT skills particularly Excel
• Knowledge of jewellery production processes and the Domino product ranges is desirable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917052