3rd Line Support Engineer
My client is looking for a skilled 3rd Line Support Engineer to join their rapidly expanding city centre team, you will be joining a very friendly and highly technical team who are growing and constantly looking to innovate giving you the opportunity to work with some really exciting stuff.
* Managing the Information Technology infrastructure estate, ensuring high levels of availability and system performance.
* Implementing change in a robust and secure manner in a highly virtualised environment.
* Provide technical support for all existing and new technology used within the Group
* Implement, develop and support the desktop, server, SAN and software infrastructure estate
* Identify areas for improvement within supported systems by the proactive analysis of incident root causes
* Maintain and improve technical knowledge of internal systems and the technical marketplace in which these operate
* Act as a technical escalation point for 1st and 2nd line team members in order to resolve incidents and provide resolution
* Work with 3rd party suppliers and support teams to resolve escalated incidents related to the IT estate
* Monitor and maintain all environments to ensure agreed system availability, performance and security is maintained
* Provide technical knowledge, expertise and consultancy on infrastructure project work
* Analyse incident trend information to drive change to processes, procedures, systems and services within the Infrastructure team * .
Technical skills and experience:
* Experience of working in an enterprise environment
* Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere & Hyper V
* Advanced knowledge of key infrastructure platforms and tools: Active Directory, Exchange 2016, Microsoft Terminal Services, VDI, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Office 365
* Experience of MS SharePoint 2013
* Strong working knowledge of System Centre 2012 including Operations and Virtual Machine Manager & Configuration Manager
* Strong understanding of WAN & LAN networking concepts including: TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS * Strong interpersonal skills
* Advanced knowledge/experience of IT systems - delivery, maintenance and support * Strong understanding of ISS and Application Web Services & Group Policy
* MCSE qualified
* VMWare and/or Hyper V Certification Desirable experience
* ITIL qualified
* Experience of Cisco UCS hardware (preferred)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914390