ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
In this role, you will support the Accounts Payable function for our UK offices. The Accounts Payable Clerk will take responsibility for invoices being processed and supplier accounts reconciled regularly to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the month end process.
Generic duties and responsibilities:
- Accurate entry of a high volume of supplier invoices
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and payments to invoices
- Taking ownership of and resolving supplier invoice disputes
- Supplier Analysis
- Reconciling Statements
- Ensure disbursements are posted accurately
- Compilation and preparation of payment runs
- Liaising closely with the procurement team
- Reconciliation of company credit cards (Entry of invoices, chasing invoices, creating journals)
- Attending to AP phone calls, being the first port of call for any supplier related enquiries.
- Managing and monitoring AP inbox
- To continually develop and improve the processes within Accounts Payable
- Other AP duties as necessary
Location and environment
This role can be based in either our Central London or Manchester offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. We?re proud of our employee engagement and have successfully been listed in the Sunday Times ?Best Companies to Work for? for six years and with our group companies, 11 of the last 13 years.
We?re also pleased with our number 80 ranking in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 which tracks the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
Background, Experience and Skills
For this role we are looking for a reliable and precise professional who can analyse expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centres, work with clients to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Previous PL experience in a high-volume environment OR of graduate level and keen to undertake there AAT
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a basic understanding of Accounts Payable
- Intermediate Excel Skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent articulation and command of the English language
- Attention to detail
- Methodical approach
- Deadline driven
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Farringdon, Central London or Manchester (4 miles from the city centre)
- 22 days? annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 37.5 - 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday ? Friday, 9am ? 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914865