Mechanical Product Design Engineer
Pressure Profile systems (PPS) are at the forefront of developing exciting new pressure sensing technologies for the medical devices, automotive, robotics and ergonomics sectors. An impressive worldwide client base includes many Fortune 500 companies such as Sony; Apple; Microsoft; P & G; Nissan and Johnson & Johnson.
Established in 2014 in partnership with the University of Strathclyde, PPS UK is a dynamic and entrepreneurial technology company acting as the R&D Centre for the international PPS family with teams based in California and Korea. PPS act as an incubator for new technologies and solutions and each member of our teams plays a key role in this model as we fund our development efforts with the commercial business.
Utilising superior and unique technology we have solved problems that no other company in the world can and our teams are led by eminent, highly respected technology professionals with first class engineering and commercial credentials.
We?re offering tremendous career opportunities for very bright and highly talented engineers to join this world-class entrepreneurial team.
The Mechanical Product Design Engineer will drive the integration of PPS?s sensor technology into exciting new products and you will be involved in all facets of system development from initial CAD concepts, through to prototyping, testing and mass production.
The initial focus will be on the development of a new pressure sensing medical device however your wider responsibility will be to integrate our sensing technology into novel applications such as wearable sensors and spray pressure measurement systems.
An entrepreneurial thinker with several years post qualifying experience, you will already have worked in an environment where you have proven your ability to create innovative and novel technical solutions.
Essential skills include:
- Expert knowledge in Solidworks and/or Rhino
- Minimum qualification BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven ability to create novel product concepts
- Previous experience with modern manufacturing processes including traditional machining, injection moulding, over-moulding, laser cutting and 3D printing
- Ability to lead mechanical engineering aspects of product design including tolerances, mechanical performance and robustness
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with suppliers, customers and project partners
- Previous experience managing multiple complex projects in parallel
Based in Glasgow this role offers an attractive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 plus bonus and stock options.
PPS is spread between UK, US and Korean offices, so a degree of flexible working is required to successfully interface with the remote teams.
Don?t miss out on this unique career opportunity. Apply directly sending your full CV and short cover letter.
Further Company information is available on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911174