Lead DevOps Engineer
This unique and pioneering data-focused Consultancy are in search of a Senior DevOps Consultant to work with some of the most interesting and forward-thinking clients in the world. Using Data Science, Big Data and DevOps, the Consultant will work in unison with clients to monetise data and provide customer insight.
The DevOps Consultant will work amongst a business of 40 people in the business and will be based at client site where the hub is mainly brokers and investment banks in London's central business district.
You will be involved in assessing systems and helping to build out new state of the art platforms using the likes of Cassandra, Spark, AI whilst automating all their processes using DevOps principles. You will also get the chance to work with cutting edge digital, online currency like Blockchain and IoT products.
The Senior DevOps Consultant will require the following:
- Industry experience working as a DevOps Consultant
- Strong experience with DevOps culture and Agile project delivery
- Technical Architecture
- PaaS, IaaS
- Development background and understating of infrastructure
- Understand Big/Fast Data
- Possess certifications or have the experience to gain them easily
- Expert knowledge of Open Source in particular enterprise grade technology (such as Red Hat)
- Solid experience of containerisation, preferable with Openshift or Kubernetes
- CI/CD, preferably with Jenkins or similar (Travis CI or TeamCity)
- Leadership skills and demonstrable abilities in this space
- Good Linux / Unix knowledge from a Systems/Operations perspective.
- Strong experience automation, preferably with Ansible, Chef or Puppet
On top of the great exposure to top Financial Services companies, Automotive and Logistics businesses and Pharmaceutical businesses, you will receive an infinite training budget to further enhance your skills and boost your portfolio. It is imperative that all applicants possess excellent communication skills and are passionate and enthusiastic about DevOps culture and what's coming next.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910385