Head of Data & Insights
Head of Data & Insights
This newly formed position is a great opportunity to join an organisation with a vision and purpose which places data driven marketing & actionable insights at its very core, with the aim to accelerate and deepen customer engagement. Being an insight-led business, able to better and more quickly action insights for personalisation and relevance is central to Affinion?s differentiation and growth strategy.
The role sits within the International Customer Propositions team that supports all Affinion international markets with central strategy, proposition and product roadmap development, both for new deal closure and existing client growth.
A lot of work has been undertaken in the past few years to evolve our mobile and data first tech stacks and deelop real time reporting and CRM actionability capabilities. We now need to recruit for a Head of Data & Insights so we can accelerate shaping, designing, implementing and evolving Affinion?s data-led insights capability in order to further encourage adoption of advanced data analytics and data science best practice across the business.
This is a critical role in the success of the organisation, with insights driving and influencing competitive edge. At a marketing level, insights need to be driving segmented customer strategies and marketing plans. As more usage and redemption of our content takes place online and on mobile devices, we need to inform, educate and entertain customers in new ways. And, we have to identify people individually, learn about them and deliver richer experiences to drive deeper engagement.
The role requires a degree of change leadership and would suit someone who loves shaping realities and is equally comfortable being hands on with key projects.
Responsibilities with key result areas
- Lead the capabilities roadmap that will enable Affinion to deliver unique, personally relevant experiences to every user of its services. These experiences will reflect unique characteristics such as location, preference and cross-device consumption, and deliver more relevant and engaging experiences to customers
- Closely collaborate with the US / corporate organisation to be informed by and inform
Ensure our technical capabilities allow for the management and enrichment of profiles to enable those personalised experiences
Build a consistent approach for the analysis, interpretation, reporting and presentation of campaign reports and consumer data
Manage the data insights tools and identify the new capabilities required to deliver advanced data insights
Act as business lead for data insights tools selection and deployment
Lead the process of designing and developing data mining and analytics to gain a better understanding at customer level and in an actionable way
Help with decision making through the undertaking of analysis projects
Occasionally help with informing client and customer proposition development through the development of insights or the use of data vision as a competitive advantage.
Develop a comprehensive and effective Data Strategy, in collaboration with the International and Group technology and data strategy functions
Ensure that Affinion International keeps up to speed with CRM developments/trends
Ensure that Affinion International?s systems and processes comply with Data Protection and Privacy
legislation and best practice
Define changes and new practices in the use of data (email, telephone, Direct Mail, other electronic
communication) that need to be introduced to manage user records correctly to comply with Data
Protection and Privacy (legal and best practice) recommendations
Leadership & change management
Lead the process of Data Strategy review and development to identify the necessary processes and
skills in data management which the organisation requires in order to achieve its objectives
Implement the Data Strategy by leading and supporting teams across the organisation and in collaboration with the corporate data strategy teams (US-based)
Provide business cases for any investments in data systems development and lead their execution
Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants
- Degree from first class university in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing or a degree with a high mathematical content
Skills / Experience (e.g. capabilities, industry background ?)
- Demonstrates passion for and deep knowledge of advanced data analytics as an experienced practitioner
- Strong and demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics
- Experience with:
- propensity modelling and statistical modelling
- managing customer lifecycle and online behaviour analytics
- managing multichannel marketing campaigns and assessing channel performance
- implementing new analytics capability and developing supporting processes
- development and implementation of a data strategy
- change management within an organisation and able to articulate & inmplement change tools and methodologies
- Excellent understanding of business drivers behind marketing and the impact on data processing
- Knowledge of data protection (and privacy) legislation and best practice and an appreciation of
the demands of the organisation in handling such legislation
- Excellent understanding of database technologies & marketing automation tools
Behaviour / Aptitude (e.g. self-reliant, creative?)
- Strong commercial and analytical acumen and an ability to assess complex and diverse information to drive business outcomes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to manage, develop and motivate teams
- A strategic thinker, able to articulate a vision and goals and able to generate innovative ideas and approaches and to translate these into practical realities
- Operationally proficient with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver with clear results
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate across organisational boundaries, embrace change, work in matrix management
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills, able to build rapport and credible, trusted and strong working relationships
- Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate to and persuade people both within and external
- Self-reliant, resilient and proactive. Able to manage self and others within a complex matrix environment
Translate data outputs into actionable insights
As the subject matter expert, provide proactive support, flag opportunities, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910308