Site Buyer (Automotive)
Job Title - Site Buyer
Location - Trowbridge
My client are a manufacturer of safety critical components within the automotive industry, part of a global group with locations throughout the world. They work with many of the large OEM?s within the automotive industry throughout the world, and are looking to recruit a Buyer to join their operation based in Wiltshire.
The role will report directly into the Strategic Sourcing Manager, and will involve liaising with people at all levels within the business and external customers on a daily basis.
The main duties of the Site Buyer in supporting the UK Sales Manager will be:
- To send product drawings out for quotation, obtain quotations for materials against new business opportunities and analyse quotations.
- In line with the business strategic objectives, assist the Strategic Sourcing Manager in negotiations to select, appoint and steer a supply base that progresses the company?s objectives on cost and cash, service level and technology platform.
- Attend new project meetings, proactively contribute to strategic activities, ensure early supplier commitment to new programmes with cost models which meet new business objectives.
- Monitor, manage and report on all external influences to cost and performance.
- Liaise with Production Control to resolve bottlenecks in supply.
- To identify cost savings on items purchased.
- Assist the Strategic Sourcing Manager with negotiations on all strategic sourcing contracts, ensuring all legally binding and auditable elements are accurately documented and retained (Non-Disclosure Agreements, Supply Contracts, accreditation data, quality audit reports etc)
- To participate in supplier development activities on site and at third party premises.
- Carry out internal & external audits.
- To raise and oversee 8D reports relating to supply issues.
- To represent Purchasing on ISO TS 16949; ISO 14001
- To assist the Strategic Sourcing Manager in the construction of the annual purchase budget
- Educated to degree level or equivalent business experience
- Commercial experience within the automotive industry(Preferred)
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Computer literate on all Microsoft applications
- Full driving licence
In return my client offer a competitive salary plus benefits including 25 days holiday, pension and relocation assistance if required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912920