Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk is part of the EMEA Service Delivery Team and provides a single point of contact for both our London and International Offices. The London office also benefits from our onsite Desktop Support Analysts.
The key focus of the team is to deliver a world class IT service to the business.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader/Manager, this is a highly customer focused and visible role requiring excellent first line and application support skills.
The role will involve but is not limited to the following:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Maintaining and tracking changes of Assets within our ITSM tool
- 1st line support - troubleshooting IT related problems in relation to software, hardware, access rights and mobile working solutions (Blackberry, MobileIron, Citrix, VPN and Signify)
- Ensuring all contact with customers is logged within the ITSM tool
- Take ownership of customer problems, following up the status of problems on the customer's behalf (when escalated outside of the Service Desk) and communicating the progress in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Assist with the creation of KnowledgeBase Articles, Templates and Standard Operating Procedures to assist team with handling Incidents/Requests
- Work with team mates to ensure that there are sufficient staff members available to take phone calls throughout the working day
- Proactively identifying potential Major Incidents and following the necessary escalation processes
- Assist with staff moves
- Participate in the rotation of the "Duty Analyst" role
- Responsible for handling the majority of the telephone calls made to the Desk
- Reviewing, updating and attempting to perform same day fixes on all ?unassigned? tickets within ServiceNow (Incidents as well as Service Requests)
- Ensuring all contact with the Service Desk is logged in our ITSM tool (ServiceNow), making use of all templates and processes that are built into the system
- Aim to deliver an 80% first time fix rate on all Incidents
- Aim to deliver all Service Requests and resolve all Incidents within agreed SLA period
- Creating and maintaining relevant articles in the KnowledgeBase.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working as either 1st or 2nd line in a busy professional services environment, supporting 2000+ customers.
- Significant experience working with high profile, VIP customers, in a demanding and time critical environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand the customers? requirements, to be able to deliver the right solution to meet their ?needs? rather than their ?wants?.
- Process driven, with the ability to focus on the end result/be a completer, finisher.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- ITIL qualification
- Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration (Exam 70-680) Certified (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Master 2010 Certified
Candidates must have knowledge of supporting the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010 or above
- Signify/RSA tokens and software tokens
- Blackberry/BES and 3G/4G mobile devices - configuring and troubleshooting
- MobileIron (or other Mobile Device Management solutions)
- Apple products
- Printing solutions (desktop and MFD)
- Active Directory
- Dealroom / File transfer solutions
- Mimecast email management
- SCCM (reporting, collection management, log analysis)
- Worksite DMS (or other Document Management Systems)
- Document Management tools
- Expert, CMS, Interaction
- Encryption software
- The IT Service Desk Team currently works an 8am-8pm (UK time) shift pattern.
- Candidates should be willing to work additional hours as required to fulfill the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work.
- Candidates may also be required to provide out of hours support.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Simon Bristow at ************************************* (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on ******************************************
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link ********************************************-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world?s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (?the Norton Rose Fulbright members?) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912755