Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst. Circa £22k + Bonus (c£1.2k) + Corporate Benefits Package. Birmingham.
Large professional services organisation is seeking to secure an experienced Service Desk Analyst.
The role will sit within a large IT team. The organisation provides a supportive and collaborative working environment, combined with the opportunity for career development.
The Service Desk Analyst will action calls in a timely manner, dealing with support queries or fault reports - these can be raised by phone, email or via a reporting portal. The role will focus on
maintaining all software and hardware.
- Respond positively to end user calls, e-mails ? raise tickets, and aim to resolve the issue immediately where possible and if not escalate the support issue to appropriate contact or support line level
- Manage user administration of the desktop within limits of security policies
- Perform Hardware installations, moves and upgrades for all equipment across multiple sites
- Ensure desktop operating system and core applications are maintained to the agreed security and patch levels
- Maintenance and repair of hardware
- Support IT projects and liaise with other it teams as and when required
- Support remediation of faults and security vulnerabilities
- Follow core processes and procedures such as change control and incident logging
- Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
- Out of Hours Support on an on-call rota basis
Technical Skills and Required:
- Excellent communication skills required, able to communicate with all levels
- Able to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise workload
- Flexible approach - able to support the business as and when required outside of normal business hours
- Inquisitive mind-set - learning new technologies
- Previous experience of working on a Service Desk essential
- Exposure to Active Directory and SCCM is an advantage
- Be part of a rota - Monday to Friday - times sit between 7.30am to 5.30pm
- Flexibility is required to take some out of hours calls when required
Keywords: Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Analyst, IT Support Officer, Service Desk Analyst, Support Officer, Active Directory, SCCM, Windows, Ticketing System, IT, Infrastructure, Support. Birmingham.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910330