Junior PHP Developer
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s IT team as a Junior PHP Developer. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
What you’ll do:
Key areas of responsibility will be:
• Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
• Work from an agreed prescribed list of work and commit changes to source control with well-documented description of work within the time allotted.
• Produce high quality solutions:
- Legible - code others can follow
- Testable - structured to allow unit testing, modification, re-testing where relevant
- Flexible - avoids arbitrary constraints, allows for configuration
- Compliant - does what is asked for, and does what's needed to protect data integrity.
- Economical - uses system resources effectively
Who you’ll be:
Our values are integral to how we operate; it is the reason for our success and our culture. To flourish here, you will naturally display our values; Helpful, Ethical and Innovative.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks
• Understanding the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
• Understanding of MVC design patterns
• Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance
• Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
• Minimum 1- year commercial development experience
• Enthusiastic learner
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent English and communication skills
• Verbally distil technical details in a concise manner to business stakeholders
What you’ll get:
DBD offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes:
• 25 days holiday
• Health care
• Free parking
• Regular staff events
• Charity Day
• Employee Retail Discount Scheme
• Length of service vouchers
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work
• Child Care Vouchers
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 with competitive benefits
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Contract type: Permanent
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Junior PHP Developer has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959913099