Junior/Graduate Project Engineer
Junior/Graduate Project Engineer
£22,000 - 27,000 + Paid Overtime, Company Pension, 25 Days Holiday
My client is a process engineering specialist who design and manufacture turnkey process equipment solutions for clients in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, materials handling amongst other industries. The company turns over £30 million a year with a headcount of 130 and an incredible 60 professional engineers (18 of whom are chartered) across software, process, electrical and mechanical design.
The company have a trading history that dates back over 200 years and a senior management and directorship team who are all home grown from within the business.
Each project is developed from initial enquiry through to full design and finally installation and commissioning on site, a project could last up to 2 years and involves input from process, electrical and mechanical engineers. They are currently looking to recruit a motivated Junior Project Engineer with at least years' experience in industry to join their team allowing them to train and develop to become future engineering experts in the field.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a true engineering business so please apply online for immediate consideration.
The role of Junior Project Engineer will involve:
- Once an order is won the Mechanical, Process and Electrical project teams will start to understand what equipment will be needed to each discipline. On a larger project there could be up to 15,000 different items needed.
- For the Mechanical team this will involve specifying equipment such as pumps, valves, vessels, evaporators and centrifuges.
- Producing some basic P&ID's, the more complex diagrams would be produced by the process engineering team.
- Liaising with suppliers to establish cost, time frame, discuss equipment specification etc. then deciding which supplier would be best to use.
- Planning the project on MS Project to understand the time frames of different equipment, some parts may take up to 1 years to manufacture.
- Building relationships with the suppliers.
- Oversee project during the install/commissioning phase - ensure the installation contractors know where everything is going, when the equipment is arriving, issues in layout during installation. This could involve taking a 3D model and guiding the contractors through it.
- Project could be UK based and abroad, you would be expected to stay away for around 2 months of the year if the project is abroad during the installation/commissioning stage.
To be successful as a Junior Project Engineer will need:
- A HNC or above in Mechanical engineering.
- A year or more experience in a mechanical project, design or commissioning role.
- To want to work in a Project Engineering position and demonstrate an interest in project related modules during university.
- Happy to travel within the UK and Abroad and flexible to stay away from home during the installation and commissioning phases.
- To be commutable to Derbyshire or happy to relocate to the area.
- You will be joining a business with over 200 years' experience within the industry allowing you to learn from experts in the field.
- Fantastic training and development, allowing you to shadow senior engineers from day one.
- Great starting salary with the ability to earn overtime which could earn you up to £10k per year extra depending on the projects you work on.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911570