IT Systems Administrator
My client is a global communications agency dedicated to helping ambitious companies change the game, build their reputation, and stand out from the crowd. Recognised by the CIPR as the Outstanding Large Public Relations Consultancy in 2016 AND 2015, and as PR Moment?s Integrated Agency of the Year 2017, They provide clients with integrated communications solutions and experience across a number of market categories. From Sydney to San Francisco, they're a team business, with a ?one office? mentality. Welcome to the global alternative.
They are seeking a proactive and hands on IT Systems Administrator to join their team in their central London office. Working with the wider team, you will provide systems support across the UK and Europe, running projects to make sure their IT is cutting edge, whilst providing 1st- 3rd line support where necessary too. Please note that this role will require European travel regularly.
Are you strong in the following areas:
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- System Administration
- 2nd/3rd Line Desktop Support
As an IT Systems Administrator, you will:
- Work across a number of large business transformation projects as required, e.g. data migration
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line IT support to all users within the group in the UK and Europe
- Liaise with local suppliers enabling access to IT supplies as and when required and maintenance of local office IT infrastructure.
- Oversee local network and server configuration maintenance, trouble shooting in the first instance before seeking 3rd level support
- Assist in installing new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend new technologies, equipment and services for my client
- Fully document any new systems you implement and complete/maintain current documentation for, desktop/laptop builds, servers, network equipment, printers and software applications
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.
- Assist in developing and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Maintain the organisation and inventory of all local office hardware and software
- Creates and maintain good user instructions for all applications and processes
- Provide emergency or pre-planned out of hours support when required
- Install, upgrade, configure, and repair local and wide area network hardware and infrastructure.
- Support video conference software for all local offices
- Install and test computers and related network hardware in a LAN/WAN environment
If you can show:
- 3+ years? experience in IT administration, with emphasis on systems administration
- Microsoft MCSE or training certification
- O365 migration and administration experience
- Good understanding of Powershell scripting experience
- Understanding and exposure to SQL and scripting
- Basic to intermediate web infrastructure and HTML 5 experience
- AWS experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills, alongside strong organisational skills
- Able to be accurate and work to deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively with others in a team, handle information in confidence and with discretion
- Strong sense of initiative, whilst able to establish own priorities as necessary
- 1st - 3rd line helpdesk experience is essential
?and would love to have?
- The freedom and support to develop your ideas and make things happen
- A real focus on work/life balance
- A bright, inspiring and friendly team who do great work and have a lot of fun together
- An exciting, rewarding, long-term career, which brings constant challenge and fresh opportunities as you develop
- The opportunity to work in an international environment
- Fantastic benefits, including early finish on Fridays, 25 days? holiday and great team socials
?then we can?t wait to hear from you!
We are happy to discuss flexible working at interview. Depending on the role, that could mean flexible hours, remote working or part-time hours. We can?t promise to meet every request, but we do promise to have an open conversation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909928