Design Engineer (Composites)
Mydas Recruitment are specialists in sourcing engineering staff to the manufacturing and engineering sectors.
Our client, a multinational design and manufacturing organisation have a requirement for a Composite Design Engineer to join their established team of engineers.
Candidates should have experience in designing 2 & 3D parametric models, GD&T & NX Cad system.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Product Team on new programs/products to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and the product developed satisfies all production requirements.
- Design and create 2D and 3D Parametric Models, associated drawings & BoMs to exceed the design specifications for the product
- Design of tooling fixtures and check fixtures to facilitate the manufacture and quality checks on production components
- Maximise DFM/DFA opportunities during the NPI process to meet and exceed overall program deliverables including cost, weight, quality and performance
- Assist with and implement improvements activities in line with the continuous improvement culture within the team
- Build effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Technical Expertise: recognised subject matter expert in their field or discipline.
- Results and Execution: consistently delivers against goals and objectives through managing risk and monitoring progress.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: make quality business decisions based on facts and implement effective corrective & preventative actions which are in line with business requirements.
- Project Management and Organisational Skills: planning and supervision skills to appropriately organize resources to meet team or project deadlines.
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships, influence and ensure buy-in at all levels to deliver program and strategic objectives.
- Business Acumen: interprets financial data and proposes initiatives / projects that achieve new levels of business performance.
- A degree qualification in a related engineering discipline with minimum of two year?s relevant working experience in a Design Engineering role
- Hold a HND/HNC in a relevant discipline with minimum 3 years? relevant working experience in a Design Engineering role
- A relevant apprenticeship with 5 years? working experience in a Design Engineering role
- Two years working experience in a Composite Engineering role
- Five years working experience in New Product Introduction
- Five years working experience using GD&T
- Five years working experience using the NX CAD system
- One years working experience in the creation and optimisation of design related procedures
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910196