Technical Support / API Implementation Consultant - Perm - London
Technical Support / API Implementation Consultant - Permanent - London
Our client is a global Travel Tech provider and is looking for a Technical Support / API Implementation Consultant to join their office based in London with expertise in Technical Support / XML / API and JSON.
We are looking for someone with an IT Support background who can work with their worldwide clients to understand and use all forms of integration. Primarily, integration is via web services: XML and JSON, so experience and understanding of one of these technologies is crucial.
Main Job Purpose
- To advise, guide and recommend the use of company's API for a variety of business-driven use cases defined by the clients.
- The role will involve working closely with colleagues in both London and India to achieve the best levels of service for their clients.
- They are looking for an individual who can organise their daily workload and deliver under pressure.
- They are looking for someone with at least 2+ years' experience in a Technical Support role who can work with their worldwide clients to understand and use all forms of integration to their systems.
- Primarily, integration is via web services: XML and JSON, so experience and understanding of one of these technologies is crucial.
- The ideal candidate will need to be a self-starter, possess an eye for detail and have excellent communication skills.
The role covers both technical and administrative activities including:
- Providing consultation to their worldwide clients for integrating
- Answer questions and provide 1st line support arising from their clients implementing the company's API.
- Working very closely with other Implementation Consultants and Software Developers, both in London and India, to resolve technical issues.
- Contribute towards design of new integration features, documentation and tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate would have experience in the Travel Industry, be familiar with web technologies and have a keen eye for detail.
Knowledge and experience of the various forms of interfaces including web-browser based applications are required, as are:
- Computer literacy
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Fluency in any foreign languages would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional customer focus
- Technically minded
- Pays attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Capability to convey ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliable and punctual
- Team player
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959913935