Location: Reading (2 minutes from Reading Train Station)
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Critical Illness and Life Assurance, Full study support provided, 25 days per annum increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 30 days
About the company:
SecureCloud+ delivers fully managed secure ICT services to the UK's Defence and Security sectors and to other government departments which have complex and demanding security requirements. We deliver these services by selecting the best people with the right mix of skills, experience, qualifications and personality to fit in with our existing team of specialists. We are now looking for an Assistant Accountant to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established SME which doubled in size last year and is growing rapidly. The job will be assisting the Finance Director in the day to day running of the Finance department.
This is a varied role covering processing tasks and high-level management information provision for the Board - a key factor in maintaining control on project costs. The successful candidate will help streamline and improve current systems as the Company works towards achieving its ambitious growth targets.
Duties of the Assistant Accountant:
- Ensuring the proper operation of the financial procedures of the Company including support for budget holders
- Expense Claims processing
- Maintaining Sales and Purchase ledger and Expenses systems in Xero
- Monthly P&L and Balance Sheet and Cash reconciliations
- Cashflow forecasting in line with business expansion
- Month end project analysis including verification and explanation of variances
- Preparation of ad hoc management information.
Requirements of the Assistant Accountant:
- AAT Qualified or studying Level 4 and ideally be degree educated. Would also be suitable for someone studying ACCA/CIMA - Exam support will be provided.
- Have previously worked in an accounts role for the past 2-3 years
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Xero would be beneficial
- Ability to use Excel to an intermediate standard including pivot tables and V-look ups
- Possibly making the first move out of public practice.
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated and a team player.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Assistant Accountant role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910788