Head of Communications
Lead in the planning, development and implementation of an integrated Communications and Events strategy for the University that will support Marketing and Student Recruitment objectives.
Growing London University
This University has seen great success over the last few years and has been making significant strides in the competitive London market. You will work collaboratively with the University Directorate and Head of Marketing to ensure an integrated approach to the development and delivery of the University's communications and events strategy.
You will be responsible for,
- Line management of a team of five focusing on communications and events for the University.
- Leveraging off a well established events calender and ensure that the University profile is increased in the media.
- Focusing on the coordination of all social media activities to ensure the University leverages this key media channel and builds on the engaging and relevant social media strategy in place
- Devise an engaging media relations strategy which will champion the strengths of the University and generate better awareness of our offering among our key target press both locally and national.
- Management of proactive and reactive press relations
This University is looking for a candidate who has had a record of successful leadership of a communication function. Although the team is well established and has seen success recently they will need a manager who will bring energy and drive to keep the momentum going.
The successful candidate will have,
- Experience of leading and developing a communications / events function
- Experience in financial planning, budget management and appropriate knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework.
- Great motivational skills with experience mentoring teams, carrying out appraisals and review.
- Excellent knowledge of PR, social media and reputational events to ensure the university image is built on.
- Relationship building and influencing skills across complex stakeholders
- Creative and innovative mindset to develop new PR, social media and reputational events.
Salary £53,000 - £60,000
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915872