International Support Engineer
International Support Engineer
£30-38k + Great Benefits
In this varied, technical & demanding role you will be responsible for direct interaction with customers in support of new and existing products and applications.
There will be regular involvement with Engineering, Quality, Operations and Sales departments to help understand, isolate and resolve problems whilst supporting the customers’ repairs and spares requirements.
In time you will develop expert product knowledge to support and carry out customer site surveys and early application development, installation, commissioning, optimisation and training programmes and should be able to reach across the organization in support of the installed base.
This is a hands-on role and will require a high standard of experience in electro-mechanical system build.
• Provide technical support
• Undertake product installation, commissioning and optimisation work at customer sites
• Support the development of new customer applications
• Testing of new products and applications both on and off site
• Acts as a key customer relationship interface
• Involved in the tracking of products for failure trends (reliability monitoring), system performance (proactive monitoring)
• First line fault diagnosis and working with internal engineering teams to resolve customer issues. Clarification of the issue, document the steps to understand root cause of the problem and propose changes to design/ processes to correct and prevent future occurrence.
• Manage and progress all issues raised by customers and ensure timely resolution and feedback.
• Creation and up-dating of Product Manuals, Service Bulletins, Trouble Shooting documents and Process Flow diagrams as required to support customers.
• Development of technical training materials and running technical product training courses
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A true hands-on engineering all-rounder with experience of high-speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics.
• Ideally some experience in the automotive or power generation industry with a solid understanding of diesel engines, generator sets, sensors, data acquisition technology, motor drives, inverters, high speed rotating equipment.
• Recent degree or equivalent in a scientific or technical subject preferred.
• A proven track record in customer facing roles, and able to represent the company to a very high professional standard.
• Experience and understanding of mixed mechanical, electrical, electronic/software and control systems.
• I.T. Skills - Microsoft Office, ERP/MRP, Networking, Solidworks & Labview.
• Multiple Language skills are desirable
• Strong analytical skills – Confident in processing and analysing large sets of data
• Available to travel overseas at short notice and occasionally for long periods - this could be as much as 40% of your time
• Holds a current passport and EU/UK driving Licence.
This position would suit an Engineer who enjoys working in a varied and technically challenging environment.
Company Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking on site
£40 per night away during the week and £200 per night away at weekends.
This company works a 4.5 day week
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please send me your CV in MS Word format or call me for an informal discussion.
We will never send your CV to our clients without consulting with you first.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909724