Senior Stress Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Senior Stress Engineer on a permanent basis to join our Aerospace client in the South West. The successful applicant will provide analytical expertise in structural and occupant injury simulation, working closely with other functions such as Design, Certification and Production to ensure that products are lightweight, durable and safe throughout their working life.
- Ensure that the risk of a certification test failure is managed effectively during the design and minimised with the use of analytical methods and judgement.
- Prepare, develop and review linear static, non-linear, crash, multi-body dynamic and optimisation FE models for seating products to support the design and certification process, plus the in-service life of the product.
- Prepare, review and approve stress and structural documentation to submit for customer and regulatory approval.
- Support the Design team in ensuring that products meet cost and weight targets.
- Review and approve drawing and designs for stress. Review and approve concessions and repairs.
- Identify and validate potential issues and recommend improvements, alternate solutions and preventative measures.
- Liaise with Design, Certification, Manufacturing and other company departments as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers, customers, airframers, regulatory bodies and other industrial organisations as required
- Provide expertise in continuous improvement of department processes and manuals.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959913962