Senior Project Manager - Asset Management - HSBC - Contract
Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The purpose of this role is to plan and deliver the Post Execution workstream within a global Front Office transformation programme. The programme will deliver a new operating model for Asset Management Front Office, including the implementation and migration of a new Order Management System (Bloomberg AIM), associated Decision Support tools and, specifically for this role, supporting Post Execution / Middle Office processes and solutions
Key to performing this role is the ability to work within a global programme, working closely with Country Migration Workstream leads, functional SME's, business stakeholders and IT while managing multiple related deliveries. Candidates will require a good working knowledge of the Asset Management Middle Office (Cash Management, Reconciliations, Post Execution Trade Flow) and experience of delivering IT driven change
Candidates will be required to have significant project management delivery experience within an Asset Management company in a Front Office or Middle Office / Post Execution / Operations function along with structured project management disciplines and ability to matrix manage resources across multiple workstreams. Fluent French language is highly desirable but not essential
The benefit of this role to the organisation is to drive organisational and operational change to ensure a focus on delivery of the global operating models across, processes, people, technology and data on a global basis
Customers / Stakeholders
- Complete project reporting on work stream - provide appropriate management of the work stream to ensure core deliverables and associated outcomes are achieved for the business.
- Build strong relationships with, and influence, stakeholders whilst knowing when it is appropriate to flex or stand firm on critical issues.
- Working with IT and the business to develop and implement high level strategies and processes to maximise service levels to end user communities, through optimised deployment and configuration of resources and monitoring resource utilisation against forecasted headcount
Leadership & Teamwork
- The role holder will work closely with colleagues in the regions so will need to be able to work effectively remotely and across time zones
- The role holder will also be expected to achieve results without having necessarily the authority to approve use of resources, through influence and persuasion
Flexibility and respect for working hours in other countries and management of resources not directly within control.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ability to ensure adherence to the standard project delivery mechanism within AMG
- Ability to plan and lead change
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good influencing skills and interpersonal skills
Consistency of message and understand gained through feedback
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- An individual with a proven track record of delivering business based projects, across geographies, timezones and with multiple stakeholders
- A good understanding of Asset Management, in particular post-execution tradeflow and reconciliations
- An individual with a high business or client centric approach, ideally with experience of delivering directly to business stakeholders
- Confidence and track record in building solid working relationships with key stakeholders, securing project resources or priorities from them through persuasion and influence rather than necessarily authority
- Ability to support decisions with sound reasoning. Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings
- Self starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and who can influence and motivate people around them
- Good presentation skills & Problem solver
- Adaptable and can thrive in a diverse work environment
- Working with the regional teams and colleagues within support functions, to drive, establish and deliver consistent standards and deliveries for clients, that meet their needs balanced with the commercial realities of the business.
- Delivering cross border projects and initiatives within budget, on time and to specification
Clearly targeted solutions at relevant customer base
Management of Risk
- Identify and develop solutions to mitigate the risks identified as part of the project implementation approach, reporting and escalating, if necessary, issues for resolution.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management's TCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers
No New audit issues raised following implementation
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD'000)
- Management of a typical programme work stream
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910392