Technical Engineer, West Midlands
My client has a requirement for an experienced technical engineer to work on site in Solihull.
The main priority of this role is WSUS server patching experience in complex environments and strong VMWare ESXi experience as well as excellent Exchange server admin experience, especially group policy.
You will be responsible for:
- SAN / Cluster Administration
- Exchange Server Admin
- Virtual Server Admin
- Active Directory Configuration & Admin
They have a large server estate and there are many different operating systems and levels of WSUS patch in place. The role will involve bringing everything up to the same standard and rolling this out across the entire estate.
You will also be focusing heavily on group policy, system updates, system maintenance and managing routine maintenance. Essential experience for this role will be WSUS, patching and Active Directory and Group Policy.
You will have good experience of the following:
- ProLiant Rack & Blade server hardware
- Windows Server 2003 - 2012
- Windows XP and Windows 7
In addition to these skills any of the following would be highly beneficial:
- MS Exchange Server Admin
- VMWare ESXi including implementation, admin and migration
- WSUS including implementation, deployment, management and admin
- Any exposure to Linux based systems
- Maintenance of rack-mounted equipment
Niche Talent is a trading style of Rullion Ltd.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911209