SAP PI Analyst Programmer
As CC's product and services businesses grow then the Enterprise Integration (EI) team needs to respond with developing and supporting more integration solutions. We are looking for a new addition to the team to assist in supporting this growth.
You could be part of a supporting a flexible European team that operates across the world. This vacancy is for a UK based position. The EI team runs both A2A (application to application) and B2B (external trading partner) integrations which support both product and service businesses.
The team operates on a SAP centric landscape meaning many of the internal systems are linked with SAP. There are still of course many other non-SAP systems that are integrated with e.g. Remedy (BMC), Blue Martini (Java), Front Office (Microsoft technologies)
In the product business space B2B we integrate with Customers, Suppliers and Logistic partners, these messages are typically implemented using a wide set of industry standards e.g. xCBL, cXML, RosettaNET, OAG, EDIFACT, SAP IDOC, & SAP SRM.
Service integration entails messaging between CC's tool suite (ITSM Remedy) and customer/third party vendor ticketing systems. Messages typically supported here are Incidents, Requests, Changes and Problems. Such messages are supported normally via SOAP or JSON based web-services.
Technology used in the middleware space is SAP PI 7.30 for connectivity, routing and structure mappings and Oracle XML DB 11g R2 for data enrichment processes.
Competitive + Benefits
The principal objectives will be:
Role will be 20% Support 80% Development
- To design, develop, test and deploy integration components to enable customers, vendors & logistic partners on to CC's integration offerings, which will include development of data mapping using XLST, XQuery, Java and configuration of integration scenarios through SAP PI 7.30
- Produce associated technical documentation
- Provide 3rd line support on the SAP PI integration platform and associated components including being on-call as part of rota
- To diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues within the integration solution, which includes working with internal as well as third party technical teams to resolve
- Perform routing monitoring and checks using SAP PI monitoring tools, Application and Server logs
- To configure and implement new Customers and third parties onto the integration platform
- To perform bug fixes as required
- Role will include incident and problem management as well as regular application roll-outs and go-lives
To be successful in this role you will need experience with:
XQuery 2.0, XSLT 1.0/2.0, SOAP/XML/JSON/EDIFACT
- Oracle PL/SQL (including XML functions)
- SQL Server Transact SQL
- UNIX Shell Script
- SAP PI 7.nn
- XSLT experience
- Experience with key adapters SOAP, SFTP, FTP, JDBC, MAIL & HTTP
- Experience with developing solutions according to standards such as, cXML, OAG, xCBL, RosettaNET, EDIFACT, ANSIX12 or SAP IDOC
- B2B integration - min 3 years' experience
- Experience with SSL certificates for both encryption and authentication
- Java development skills - for java class mappings, user defined functions, bean development
- Unix shell script
Skills to undertake the role:
- Have at least 3 years experience in developing, deploying and supporting solutions developed in SAP PI using the mandatory skills listed
- Have extensive experience in IDOC, JDBC, SOAP, HTTP, SFTP, & File (FTP) adapter's and a firm understanding of SSL certificates
- Strong Xpath and SQL skills are essential for this role as these underpin most of the development activities that are carried out for integration solution
- Strong troubleshooting skills as well as ability to handle business expectations and escalate if necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively and work with remote teams
- Have the ability to work in a pressured environment and have a flexible approach to working hours - some weekend and out of hours work will be required
- Deep understanding of ITIL and call management systems such as Remedy - ITSM will be useful.
- An understanding of Product based business messages that support core procurement cycle transactions such as orders, order responses, order changes, dispatch advices and invoices
- Willing to provide additional support based on a weekly rota
- Be willing to travel to Customer sites if require
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79152078