Research & Development Engineer
Research and Development Engineer
About the Job:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a hands-on Research and Development Engineer. The successful candidate will be a recent graduate who enjoys designing and manufacturing precision components, assembling jigs, wiring and programming sensors and robots, carrying out experiments, and analysing data.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related physical science.
- Good level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems, including the creation of technical drawings; preferably in Creo.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate information to peers, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic, multidisciplinary team.
- Be bright, self-motivated, creative, proactive, have a high attention to detail, and have pragmatic problem-solving skills.
- Be highly computer literate, with good analytical skills.
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines, and under pressure.
The following skills will also be beneficial:
- Some experience in assembling/disassembling electro/mechanical systems.
- Some experience designing and running experiments.
- A basic understanding of plastic injection moulding
- Some experience in a programming language
- Some experience using metrology equipment, conventional machining skills (lathe, milling machine), and hand tools.
- Some experience using electrical equipment such as soldering, multimeters, and oscilloscopes.
About the client: The group is a world class specialist in developing leading edge industry using both cast-moulded and the latest in lathe cutting systems.
Please send your CV to: **************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914997