Junior TechOps Engineer
Junior TechOps Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (with occasional travel to our client?s London office)
Our client allows users to try clothes online by entering three simple measurements to create their 3D online body model. For online shoppers, this increases their confidence to buy, as well as allowing them to experiment with new styles. For brands, it increases engagement, overall net sales and reduces return rates. Brands are finding new ways to use our client?s collective data in understanding the role of body shape in fashion, which in turn helps them design clothes better, make their supply chain more efficient, and help their customers find and buy clothes they?ll love and keep.
Our client is looking for a Junior TechOps Engineer to join their small but versatile Systems team. You will help to support the wider company, triaging both corporate and development systems. You will enjoy adopting focused approaches to your work and look to develop your already good problem-solving skills. This role is suitable for someone with around two years? experience in a technical environment who does not want to get stuck providing ?have you tried turning it off and on again? level of service desk support.
The role is based in our client?s Tech HQ in Cambridge and will require travel to the London office on occasion.
- Provide day-to-day technical support on corporate systems for a mix of both non-technical and highly technical staff. This will be predominantly on Windows, but some users also run OS X and Linux.
- Take ownership of desktop and laptop systems, by keeping up to date on patching, software updates, hardware replacement and so on.
- Project work to support corporate systems, including evaluation of technical business requirements against suggested software/hardware solutions.
What makes you our client?s next TechOps Engineer?
- You can communicate with both highly technical and non-technical staff at various levels of seniority, as well as external vendors.
- You show willingness and ability to learn new technical systems.
- You are confident in your ability to get going quickly and support the existing team ? recognising the balance between initiative and independence and when is appropriate to ask for help.
- You will know one end of a screwdriver from the other, and will have some experience fixing hardware, such as replacing hard drives and other components in laptops and desktops.
- You can help to set standards for the rest of the company, by evaluating new software and technologies.
What would help?
- You probably have been involved in Windows System Administration, including Active Directory. Experience of MDT deployments would be a bonus.
- You might have experience of implementation of desktop security standards such as Cyber Essentials and familiarity with OS X & Apple hardware.
- You could have worked in an environment that requires the ability to balance incoming support versus ongoing project work.
What is our client offering you?
- Opportunity to lead the continued growth and development of a really smart product development team tackling significant technical and commercial challenges.
- Innovative and open culture with strong links in the local tech community
- 25 days? leave per annum plus bank holidays
- Mentoring / coaching and a training budget that you choose how to spend
- Individual and family friendly HR policies.
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
A little more about our client
Based in Cambridge, our client is in the heart of tech community and regularly hosts meetups for Data Insights, DevOps Cambridge and Cambridge NonDysfunctional Programmers to list a few. They also work with initiatives like Codebar and Next Tech Girls to teach and coach the next generation of coders. They are sociable team, and frequently enjoy an ale together when family time and extra-mural activities allow at the Elm Tree or The Free Press. Their office also plays host to the annual Summer Party where punting and bbqing has become something of a tradition.
If you want to help to turn an innovative fashion technology startup into a global brand used on websites across the world and have the passion and ambition to really want to make a difference at this exciting company, then apply now.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the role of Junior TechOps Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Junior TechOps Engineer, Junior IT Engineer, Trainee Technical Support Engineer, Junior IT Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Service Desk Analyst, IT Support.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915791