Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days? Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We?ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we?re looking for a Full Stack Developer to help us shake things up even more and deliver our future technological innovations.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Join a hand-picked team of Software Engineers
- Work with a microservice platform that?s written in Scala, follows functional programming principles and is connected with event streams
- Build and scale a distributed system, focusing on user value and business objectives
- Plan, design and build intelligent back end solutions and bind these to our front end infrastructure
- Drive both product and technical improvements
If so, you?ll need to be passionate about code quality and test automation. Experience of the following is also key:
- Building scalable, distributed web applications in Scala (or Java with evidence of a Scala personal project
- Object-oriented and functional programming
- REST and asynchronous event driven programming
- CI, and ideally CD
- Driving automation across build, test and release processes
We?re interested in having a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Full Stack Developer, Full Stack Engineer, Scala Developer, Back End Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Application Developer or Software Application Developer.
What?s in it for you?
- Join a business that?s in the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Full Stack Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959913636