NPI Hot Stamping Tooling Engineer
Mach Recruitment have partnered with a company who are amongst the top automotive component suppliers in the world. The company have over 100 sites globally and supply many of the leading Automotive manufacturers. This role will be based in Llanelli. They are currently looking for a NPI Hot Stamping Tooling Engineer to join their team. If you are interested and meet the person specification of the job role, please apply.
Experienced Hot Stamp (Press Hardening) Tooling Engineer required to Support the development, procurement and introduction of new tooling into the company, also supporting Customer Engineering Change Requests, cost down improvements & existing Tooling issues within Plant when required.
This will include but are not limited to:
- Proven background in successful introduction of hot stamp tooling supported by a tooling background.
- Strong mechanical competence. Degree qualified in mechanical & metallurgical engineering is desirable.
- Hot Stamping tool design assessment and validation with suppliers.
- Hot Stamping tool buy off activity at the suppliers.
- Provide engineering support for duration of programme.
- Assist with simulation studies for new and current projects.
Essential Skills, Qualifications, Competencies and Experience Required
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Higher maths and statistical ability.
- Communication of technical principles to non technical audiences.
- Data driven problem solving & fault finding.
- Experience in technical ownership of a hot stamping process in a mass production environment is desirable.
- Experience in training others in technical processes (Hot stamping desirable).
- Experience in process optimisation through awareness of process interactions. Ie. D of E, factors & Levels.
- Have experience in soft zone product & tooling process controls.
- Have proven experience in the successful setup and optimisation of a hot stamping / press hardening process.
- Based in Llanelli but will be required to travel to travel abroad to support business needs.
- Prepared for periods away from home at domestic and foreign customers and suppliers.
- Have a valid passport (with minimum six months remaining)
38 hours basic. Monday - Friday, overtime and weekend working when required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909901