Controls Project Engineer
Controls Project Engineer ? North West - £35-38k
Samuel Frank Associates require an experienced Controls Project Engineer to join a multi-site specialist Engineering firm. The ideal Controls Project Engineer will have a demonstrable track record of delivering practical and innovative solutions on time and on budget. With a clear focus on quality, the Project Engineer will be self-driven and results orientated.
As a Controls Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of projects using either PLC or PC based systems. Working individually or as part of a team the primary responsibilities of the role are to ensure that the client? system is designed fit-for-purpose and adheres to the customer?s user specification, project budget and schedule.
Demonstrable experience of PLCs, in particular Siemens SIMATIC S7-400 & S7-300 networked systems or GE Fanuc PLCs would be extremely useful for the position whilst knowledge of electrical design principles experience of working to ISO 9001 Quality Procedures is an essential requirement. In addition, experience of working with the Siemens SCADA package, WinCC (programming and implementation) would be a big advantage, as would experience of networking S7 PLCs using PROFIBUS, Profinet and/or Ethernet.
Essential experience required ?
- Working within an ISO 9000 QA framework and other applicable quality standards in a production environment.
- Experience of working with all aspects of a Project Lifecycle from specification (URS, FDS, SDS) through to commissioning and final project documentation.
- Successfully working as part of a team, assisting individuals and the team to achieve targets.
- Experience of working on site commissioning PLC / PC Systems including Software, Electrical systems and associated equipment.
Key aspects of the Project Engineer?s role -
- Responsible for the production of project documentation including Functional Design Specifications, Project Specific Drawings, Design Risk Assessments, Test Procedures, Operator / Maintenance manuals and Training manuals.
- Using industry norms and standards to carry out the design calculations for sizing cooling fans, cable sizing, fusing and MCB calculations, UPS sizing etc.
- Responsible for the system configuration, including PLC code ( GE Fanuc or Siemens S7 ) and WinCC SCADA configurations to meet project requirements. Identifying any functionality changes to be made to core software or core PLC code
All applicants must be able to achieve security clearance.
The role will involve some international travel and therefore applicants should not be subject to any travel restrictions. The client?s premises are commutable from Liverpool, Manchester, Warrington, St Helens, Runcorn, Widnes, Stockport and the surrounding areas.
Please apply today for an immediate response.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911510