Fitness Service Manager - Birmingham City
Sports Direct Fitness is the leisure division of Sports Direct the UK’s number one sports retailer.
Welcome to our world...
Sports Direct Fitness are the newest business venture of the international retail giant Sports Direct and we are taking the fitness world by storm.
In our world the passion and ambition of our people have kept us moving. Their passion for fitness is second to none, Their knowledge and service levels hook the customer, their drive and ambition to be the best is unrivalled.
We now require a truly exceptional, driven and proven Fitness Service Manager to help take us to the next level. If you have a “reach for the stars” attitude and go above and beyond then take a look at our careers…. They are out of this world!
As a Sports Direct Fitness employee you will be joining us at this fantastic growth and development time and you will see the business go from strength to strength along with it your career.
As a member of our team YOU Need To...
- With confidence and desire to communicate positively with club members, and show the personality to comfortably be part of the club in both successful and challenging times.
- With enthusiasm, energy and a positive outlook to work and fitness.
- Like a leader, operating by example through passion for standards and cleanliness.
- As an advocate of the brand, by compliance with SD values, policies and procedures.
- As part of the team, and be able to work at peak times including evenings, weekends and all club operational hours.
- With resilience to challenges and change. Keep the drive and tenacity to succeed when it gets tough.
- With great intentions and knows how, is able, and makes time to bring fun onto the gym floor by creating a productive, dynamic and vibrant environment.
- Professionally, demonstrating outstanding organisational, planning, implementation and evaluation capabilities. Deliver what you set out to achieve whilst ensuring members get a gym floor experience.
- As a role model showing productivity in a pressurised environment, driving yourself and the team to achieve targets daily.
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ2 Fitness Instruction or equivalent
- REPS registered or willing to be on commencing employment.
- Qualified in Emergency Responder, First Aid & Pool Operations (or must have a willingness to achieve these qualifications within three months of appointment)
- Qualified, confident and able to teach a minimum of 3 Group Fitness classes per week (or must have a willingness to achieve qualification within one month of appointment)
- Experienced in the Fitness Industry/working with a fitness product/group exercise.
- Able to influence others and build relationships with business partners to get the job done, and demonstrate effective and positive people leadership.
- Able to learn and take on Operational Management responsibility in the absence of the Deputy Manager.
- Take personal responsibility for a positive contribution to the club P&L – Delivery of targets for Membership Revenue, Ancillary Revenue (Studio rental, SDPT, Licensee and Swim Providers), and Controllable Contribution (Studio costs)