Commercial Legal Secretary
SF Group are currently seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to work on a part time basis for a well-known law firm based in Wakefield.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be working for a Partner within the Corporate and Commercial department, providing full secretarial support.
Our client requires the successful candidate to work 22.5 hours, you must work on a Monday but they are flexible on the rest of the days.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Legal Secretary with a fast and accurate typing skills along with the ability to do track changes.
Duties will include:
- Typing and amending documents, file notes and memos
- Liaising with client both via the telephone and face to face
- Diary management and arranging meetings
- Coordinating rooms and requirements for meetings
- Taking accurate messages
- General administrative duties
- Organising meetings, travel arrangements etc.
- Typing reports, file notes and attendance notes
- Opening and closing clients and matter files
- Filing of incoming and outgoing post and correspondence
- Compiling and sending bills
- Keeping records of closed files
Essential skills required:
- Previous experience of working within a Commercial department within a law firm
- Excellent and accurate keyboard skills required, as you will be required to obtain typing speeds to a minimum of 60 wpm
- Good working knowledge of various applications - Word, Outlook, Digital Dictation (PowerPoint and excel helpful but not a necessity)
- Taking care of, and paying attention to, all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914444