Due to continued success and business growth, Mach Recruitment are supporting our client with the recruitment of Financial Controller, to be based from their Truro head office.
Our client is a successful family-run food production business that is enjoying ongoing success and boasts numerous awards for their products, which are distributed and sold in the UK and abroad.
Reporting in to the Head of Finance you will provide a transactional accounting service through management and control of the Purchase, Sales and Cash Ledgers. You will support the Head of Finance in the review and development of robust internal controls and efficient procedures, lead and develop team members and manage the company Cash Flow model.
Duties of this role include:
- Weekly review of Ledgers in advance of Finance meeting ensuring they are always up-to-date
- Ensuring correct coding and quality of financial transactions through periodic reviews of operational performance
- Ensuring financial arrangements are in place through liaison with the Head of Finance and Directors to allow Board decisions to be made
- Ensuring financial systems, procedures and infrastructure are in place to meet the needs of the business through liaising internal and external parties
- Working with Finance management and wider team to agree and achieve functional objectives
- Management of direct reports
- Liaising with external organisations in accordance with delegated authority
- Signing off of Expenses, Purchase Orders and Purchase Invoices in line with Budget mandate
We are looking for confident and reliable candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience working in a financial environment
- Previous involvement and management of Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Management and review of financial controls
- Reconciliation of Control Accounts
- Experience of leading a team to achieve a successful outcome
- Experience using different accounting packages
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA etc) and/or be degree-educated in a numerate subject
- Experience of producing management accounts or financial statements
- Cash flow modelling experience
- Credit control experience
- Working knowledge of Pegasus Opera
- Previous experience within FMCG would be beneficial
- Team management, objective setting and performance reviews
You must have excellent attention to detail, be resilient, able to prioritise your workload and possess excellent time management skills in order to work under pressure. You will take a logical approach to problem-solving and have strong analytical skills.
By taking a hands-on approach you will manage and lead the team to ensure adherence to financial processes.
- Salary in the region of £40,000 to £42,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm though flexibility to work outside these hours is required to meet business needs
- Holiday entitlement is negotiable
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity with a highly successful and awarding winning family-run business please apply today to avoid disappointment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914430